Saturday, May 2, 2015

Adieu





I was never one to say goodbye.
This time though, I surely did try.
Her breath I sensed,
My soul was cleansed.
Tugging at long repressed memories.
My skin was prickled by a pleasant breeze.
Something didn't seem right, I thought.
Something weighed me down like an invisible knot.
Little did I know how it would end.
The secret, with the sands, would blend.
Finally, the circle was complete.
The sand no longer tickled my feet.


About the post: Alright, you read my poem, now you should try reading it backwards, last line to the top. There is a subtle difference when the poem is read top to bottom and when it is read bottom to top. Hope you enjoyed it, I was just playing around with words. You are free to interpret it as you wish.  


No comments:

Post a Comment